Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, December 31, 1969

7 1/2

Make that 4 1/2 hour trip 7 1/2 hours. On the way down, through Colorado Springs it snowed. Once near Pueblo it was nice, sun was shining and Rookie asked me to drive for a bit so he could catch up on his sleep. Meet mom, had lunch and we were on our way back. Not even near Pueblo we hit snow. 30 mph on I-25. Crawled through Pueblo and dropped to 15 mph in Colorado Springs on the way back.

He laughed. He roared. He asked where would I have given up and called him - "on the first hill 40 miles out of Pueblo with the 1st accident." I would have pulled over and called hysterically that I could not drive in this traffic in these conditions. He knew I would have too.

Thats why he took the day off and drove - so I wouldn't have to cry hysterically.

Instead I have white knuckled hands and I got a lot of butt exercises completed that tightened so much - from the trip home. LOL

Hi - I'm Susan, the big chicken when it snows 5 flakes or more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home