Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, December 31, 1969

Date Night, Grand AM II, MK & other ramblings

Not sure how long I'll be here - but if you'll do me a small favor and book mark this site and call it Grand AM II that way those 2 or 3 thousand readers will know where I am. :) Just kidding. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

After last year, or at least these past few months - 2004 has got to have more humph in it. I think I'm off to a good start, I'll get back to you on that in a week or two - ;)

I'm feeling much better. Vitamins and estrogen patches are my new best friends right now. Rookie came home yesterday and said "welcome back" and I looked at him quizzedly - 'welcome back'? Then I thought back to the past few days... where I have stepped on the dog out of being unbalanced 4 times, tripped over the dog 6 times, and just couldn't do basic square block in the square box functions. I had a migraine headache that had me throwing up and pulsing to explode just after walking up the stairs. I was in bed by 7 pm every night, and I was forcing myself to stay up that late, I wanted to go to bed at 5! I'm among the living now!

Felt good enough to stand in Chili's for a hour to wait for a table, then spent another 45 minutes waiting for our food. But it was all good. We ended up sitting at the bar for a bit. Rookie and I are not sociable people (yes - really!) so it was an exciting feeling to have strangers talk to us. After we were seated at our table, I got the guts to go back to the bar and give my business card to a gal we talked to. I knew I would kick myself if I didn't so I did. Scared the crap out of me, but she said she would call me for a facial.

During that time Rookie and I talked. Really, really talked. What we had done wrong last year, what we need to do this coming year, goals we want to achieve, where do we want to go, when do we need to move, and laughter. This wonderful man makes me laugh like no others. We talked about what we did on previous New Year Eve's and though he said it was quite boring that we were not doing much that night (he had to go to work at 5 am this morning) - I looked back on the years that I was single and was at the base bar and the losers I dated those nights and was quite happy to take a boring night with Rookie then any of those nights in the past.

We talked about my MK goals. I told him I have the affirmation tape going on right now, and even though I admit it sounds goofy and I fought the idea for 3 years, it has really changed my spirit and thinking these past few days just listening to it. And I know Heather would go "wa-hoo", but I even changed it up a bit - I got some of the Directors I work for to post an affirmation for me on the tape. So you hear my voice, then a Director, then more affirmations from me then my National, and then me again. I can only listen to myself for so long, hearing other people say some nice things about you is an amazing thing.

We talked about my goal poster. Another goofy thing I have fought, and stored in the garage after doing them, but this time I was told to bring my family into the goals. They have to post their wants on it too. So I said that we all work together for this. When the kids come home in a few days, we will all sit down and put down our goals on the poster.

So speaking of my MK - while talking with my mom over the holidays, she was looking for something to help her customers that she can't sit down and do a facial with. Their schedules just collide and don't work together. I told her to do Facial in a Bag. The person gets a bag with samples of the cleanser, moisturizer, a color look (eyes, cheek, lips) foundation and perfume sample with a catalog. Mom was so excited about it she decided to do up 5 bags and make it her challenge to hand out 5 a week. I thought - 'hmmm I can do this to'. So I'm doing them up and carrying with me (would have been great for last night's gal). Nice thing is - I'm going to mail them to my out of state customers too. Interested? Let me know - I'll send you one. Give me an idea of skin color and colors that you like to wear. :)

2004 - I'm shakin it up
Drop me a comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home