Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, December 31, 1969

R O O K I E

Cheer time again for the Rookie. If I haven't said it enough - I LOVE THIS MAN!

It's road trip day - 4 hours down to Raton, NM a brief lunch with mom and the kids, then a 4 1/2 trip back with the kids home (they take up time and want to stop for snacks and stuff). It's an all day thing. But now, I'm used to it, look forward to it - it's my quiet, let's think about things and what are we going to do in the next few weeks thoughts for 4 hours.

With the Caviler, I had a cd changer in the trunk that held 10 cd's and I would belt out with Madonna as if it was me that was kissing her and not Britney. Today I have the Beast to drive. Not Fugly, the Beast (no - the truck has not been taken back yet!). Rookie's 1995 faded red now looks like pink Ford 150, cab, extended bed monster of a truck. I have to push the seat so far up (how far up?) that my stomach has to touch the steering wheel so that I can reach the pedals, but the side mirror on the outside of the truck are now behind me so I can't use them! Both tanks are filled (dual tanks) so that it's weighted down and yes - there is a dusting of snow. Any time it snows more then 5 flakes, I'm the biggest chicken on the road.

Fugly by the way - had a flat tire the day before we went to mom's. The tire just literally fell apart into pieces. We didn't want to take chances that the other 3 tires would do that. It has new tires now, and it has failed the emissions test. It's really starting to become a thorn in my side. I was looking for one of my cd's in it the other day (it's only plus - a cd player) and looked under the driver seat, and there was 3 beer cans, and 4 packs of cigarettes under neath. No. Never thought of cleaning out the car. I told you - this car is just ASKING to be pulled over by the police.

But we can't delay this trip. Mom has to be back in Albuquerque by 10:30 tonight to pick up someone from the airport for church, and then the next morning more people are coming in, so she's spending the night. This trip has to be done today.

My darling, loving Rookie went to work at 5 am. Called me at 7:30 to tell me to bring a shirt and shoes and he has taken the day off to drive me to get the kids. Both mom and I are relieved that he's doing this. Now don't get me wrong - I don't think it's all of me that is making me him do this. He mentioned it a few weeks ago why can't we do this drive on Sunday instead when he has time off. I think he wants to see the kids as much as I do. I thought it would drive him crazy to meet up with mom all these times so I always scheduled them on Sat.

So I must get ready. I'll be back late tonight since we are all meeting much later in the day to make the drive easy on mom. Another small fear I was having - driving on wet roads in the dark.

Rookie - I love ya. Love ya, love ya, love ya, love ya. Lots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home