Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Ugh, just noticed that a few of my entries have disappeared. Hopefully they will show back up. They were cool entries.

Tonight was Pink Wednesday. I have come to call it that. We had a lot of guests, room was packed. What a cool feeling. Our National Director, SuzAnne showed up. I so love watching her speak. She has such flare and I sit there and wonder, could I ever become like her where people sit on the edge of their seats and wait for my next word, idea or thought to come out of me. It's a concept I can hardly imagine. But there she was, talking, making us laugh, clap and all I can think is, "how can I become like this lady? Composure, elegance, classy, style? She is the greatest next to Stephanie" and since I will never be lucky to meet Mary Kay, SuzAnne, to me "IS" Mary Kay.

I heard my team member's phone message to Stephanie tonight. How cool it was to hear everyone go "awww, how sweet" when they heard her excitement and giggle that she would call Stephanie darling as she hung up the phone. I guess a small surprise to the reader, the team member I have is my mom. So how cool it was to hear my mom on the tape recorder that Stephanie played to all of us. I'm so proud of her.

I also talked to SuZanne about a National website. She seems interested and though I have no intentions of making money off of this, I was tickled she wanted to talk to me in August. I get to work one on one with SuZanne. How cool is that? Ok, as my son would say "How sweet!".

So another thing I have to do is set my goals for 2002/2003. Big dreams, big ideas and set my goals. We are going to do the neat pillow case my mom did in her Unit. A goal pillowcase, so when you go to sleep at night, your sleeping on your dreams. More then anything right now, I want to be a Red Jacket and get to Star Consultantship. After that, bring it on, but I really want Star Consultantship more then anything. Have been doing this for 2 years and haven't yet got to that point. (oh yes - email if you have questions about what I'm doing). To me, reaching Star Consultantship and Red Jacket status means I'm working my business more and I will be bringing in a little more money. Ok, not a little, but probably a lot. I also plan on doing 9 interviews over the next 2 weeks. I have 5 people in mind, so I know I can get the other 4 somewhere. I need to displine myself a little more and work a little harder. I just need to open my mouth. That's where I clam up.

Anyway - a great night, I'm in a head rush and all is well.

Oh yes... gotta love "those moments". Tonight. In my non (broke) a/c car. In the heat of 97 degrees at a red light. When I'm wondering, how will we get bills paid, why am I going to the meeting tonight, paying for a babysitter we can't really afford, why am I here? Why am I doing this? Is this the right thing for me? Why? When? Where is it going to get better for us?". All this going through my head, and what stops in front of me turning left? A Mary Kay red Grand AM. THIS is why I'm doing this. Not the car. Not the make-up. Not the money. A better attitude for myself. A better life for my children and husband. A better understanding of how life should be and how I should act in it. All this in a minute and a half before my light turned green.

Thank you Mary Kay, SuZanne, Stephanie amd JC... you could not have come at a better time in my life. I'm grateful and will follow your footsteps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home