Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

lower manhattan info

I finally get to talk about the site. It's launched.

Dear New Yorkers -

Recently, I was hired to work a contract job that entailed placing content into pages for a few weeks. The company was at a deadline crunch and needed an extra person for work and I was picked for the job. Because of 9/11 I was laid off from my job. Because of that day, I was able to work with this company and design this site for you. The irony of that is so sad. To work on something that will be a reminder to us all when it should have never happened, which means I shouldn't have been working there. BUt I did, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Over two weeks, weekends and a few free meals, I was able to prove my web skills and was allowed to do more then copy and paste content into pages. This is by far, my favorite site I have ever worked on.

I'm real proud to be a part of this website development.. watch the news.. today and tomorrow.. this site is going to get a lot of press coverage. :) This is the biggest site media wise, I have worked on and it was a blast.

http://www.lowermanhattan.info


Pages I worked on - the site map, the poll page, about 80% of the content on the pages and I worked very close with the developer on the "Virtual Tour", the 360 pictures, text and links to other pages.

After 2 weeks.. I feel like I have been living in New York myself.. so you must go to. :) Check the site out. Have fun. :) I hope that this site helps the tourists, and the people who live there.

I had fun - thank you.

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home