Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, August 30, 2002

girl time

Been another long day and I'm glad it's the weekend, but I guess that doesn't matter, I have to work tomorrow and Sunday with my contract job, which I don't mind. The cool thing is, the VP sent an email out to us weekend warriors and said they are sending in a person to give us massages while we work.. and for the 2nd day they have bought us lunch and I hear dinner is in the works for tomorrow, so I know it's going to be a somewhat late night. Like I said, I don't mind. I did get to a point today when the lead developer (miss cuss from yesterday) came to me and said that once again we had to revise some text files for our flash tour. I didn't mind till I found out that it was going to take the better part of the day to line the text up correctly. A line of cuss words came to my mouth and I screamed an "argh" and my manager cried out loud "she is human, we can break her". Topped her off by figuring out how to play with the text with a simple < br > tag and was done in 45 minutes. HA!

If you are following the tag board - I did get a hold of Cynthia by email and called her. Got her message machine, but hopefully I'll talk to her this weekend. I'm not going to push, meddle or act like some crazy woman. If she is interested in becoming a consultant and wants the world to know our business, I'll let you in on the details. I hope I make a nice new friend either way out of this. :)

I will say this - MK has been able to give me some serious "girl time". I never had a lot of friends in high school. I had a revolving door on friends in my life till just recently. Julie is my best friend and she too is a MK consultant. I know that what I'm doing with my business would not be half as fun without her in my life and doing it with me. We met 2 years ago at a dot com company. This company was pretty cool, company golfing, baseball outings, parties at the CEO's house; it was a fun time. Julie and I became friends about 5 months after she started working there; I had been then about a month earlier. We clicked pretty well. We both fell in love with golfing and we both like getting a little on the drunk side at the office parties. We bitched about the same people, and had a lot of fun together. In May, the graphic designer I had replaced when she went to another company called me and asked me if I wanted to go to a MK event. For me, it was a night out with some girls and I said sure. I had so much fun that night, I invited myself to a few other events over the summer. I knew I wanted to sign up but was getting negative feedback from my husband. Julie told me countless times this would be a good thing for me. I knew it would.

In August (tomorrow to be exact, 8/31/00), I went out to lunch with this MK consultant, Julie and a few other girls from work and we had a victory lunch when I signed my agreement with MK. After that, when I went to my evening events, the next day I would tell Julie about the fun I had. She has her own consultant and so by living by MK's wishes, I did not try to steal her as a customer. I was soon laid off with the job, but I kept up with Julie. In January she called me and told me that she had decided to join MK too and had just signed her agreement. Since then, we have gone to a lot of MK events, conferences, retreats and our friendship with each other has just grown bigger. I'll have to write about last year's retreat. We had so much fun.

When she got to go to Dallas last year to the big seminar conference, she brought me back a coffee mug. When I went to Disneyland on vacation, I brought her back some Mickey ears. She just loves Mickey Mouse. She went to another thing just recently and brought me back a training tape. We do these things for each other because we want each other to grow and I personally consider her as a sister, so that makes her my best friend.

Last week she met a Director who owns one of the famous pink cadillacs - here is a picture of the car.



Julie behind the wheel.

Tonight she came over, I haven't seen her in 3 weeks at least and she brought over a cool MK National Director tape and we watched it together. It is so much fun watching these things with someone who is on the same level as you do because you both get it. Though, come November she is moving to Kansas and I will be so heart broken. But at the same time I know, that as we both move up with our biz, there will be more times to do things together and that is the best to look at in our future. How often can you say as a mother of 2, married 12 years, I get to have a slumber party with my best friend Julie still?

And as my "team" grows.. I will be able to add to that list of slumber buddies.

Thank you Mary Kay. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home