Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, August 25, 2002

hate mail

weeeee... I got my first hate mail! Should I be happy? I don't know. I just felt kinda of out of the loop when everyone around me was getting it for the things they wrote in their blogs/journals, that maybe I was too sugar-like to get hate mail. I was wrong. But I didn't get it for what I have said, I have recieved for what I'm doing.

It seems that someone went searching for the words Mary Kay and my site is being found now. I know these ladies in pink. They find out who's doing wrong where and find that flaw, tell their buddies, then all of a sudden they swarm like flies on you. I'm not bad mouthing them, really. Not all pink ladies do this. There are those who are mean, no matter what they do, then there are those who rise above the rest and shine the image that Mary Kay wanted us to. I'm trying that route.. the shine image one, but I'm still a geek at large on the net so I blog/journal, whatever this is that I'm doing right now. (would someone tell me if this is my blog or journal? Tag-me. I think it's my journal).

I don't personally think I'm doing anything wrong. At most considerable damage, I'm using images I shouldn't use. But I'm not abusing her, resizing her, heck not even linking to her to harm her in any way. I would love to thank the artist personally who made her, she's Ms. MK to me, and represents all MK ladies out there. I'm doing a journal that is telling my ups (good sales) the bad (no guests) and the in betweens (other j.o.b.s). I would be lieing if I told you that the MK world is all pink, warm and fuzzy. My MK biz is just like your job. Great at times, low at times, but I can tell you, I probably do have more ups then down days, and those up days are pretty cool.

So anyway, over night I saw my count go up and I notice that all kinds of key words have been put in for my site. Gold Money Bag, Red Grand AM (it is the car I want), Mary Kay, braces, high school. Ok, don't know where the last 2 came from.. but my 100 about me came up on that one. I did wear braces in H.S.

Back to this email I recieved. I'm not posting it here, not even going to give them credit for the email, but the question that pissed me off most was, did I expect to gain new customers or recruits by doing this journal? HELL NO! If at most, probably some person viewing it thinking to themselves "better her then me to go through all that emotion crap". This is MY journal. MY journey down a long road. Heck, I'm not even talking about MK most of the time and giving my other job the credit it's not due. I'm doing this so that when I get to the point of success that I have set out for myself, I can really come back and read what I did right, and what I did wrong. For my close friends that are reading, and I'm getting a small fan base if you want to call that, with their readings, they will see a person who will grow and change.

I probably shouldn't have even addressed this, but I figure the "Field of Dreams" factor in... if I build it and journal it, and put it out for the public to view, they will goggle it and come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home