Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, August 26, 2002

ketchup

My mind is in a swirl. This job is so cool in an odd way. I haven't done anything creative, I'm just doing little fix it stuff, content placing with a template, copy and paste mood.. but yet I feel so useful. This past weekend one of the girls and I came in on Saturday and though my PM said that we did a lot of work, I don't feel that in 6 hours I did. But I did. Does that make sense at all? I worked on a 23 page document, pasting code, cleaning it up, linking links.. it took all day but at the same time, it was one section of the site so I didn't feel like I accomplished alot.

The fun part was when the other girl came to my cube with a stryofoam cup and asked did I like wine. She found an open bottle in the coffee room and poured herself and I a glass. It had some kick, we both agreed a hour later that we slowed down a bit and lost track of what we were doing. Didn't stop us from having another cup!

Today I went back to my other job and was greeted with a stack of stuff that my VP wants me to do yesterday and a note from my Boss saying "don't work more then 2 days a week, I can't afford you, see you in 3 weeks". I quickly did some of the stuff up, left a note for the VP and explained I had a cool contract job and that it has major priorty and I would come in the mornings to see what needed to be done and he wrote back and told me not to forget who is #1. Yeah.. the company that is paying me to work full time at $20.00 an hour. Not you bud.

In other related stuff.. my mother called me today. She got her first recruit in MK. So proud of her. She wasn't expecting this one. She invited a friend to go, just to have a guest.. why can't I get that kind of response??? She promplty called me at 10pm and said "what do I do?". So she's on her way to the Red Grand AM as I am. Wonder who will get there first?

I need to hit the sack. I'm up extra early tomorrow for the VP. I hope he realizes, I don't get up early for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home