Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Thursday, August 29, 2002

tons of stuff

Crap.. where the heck did this day go? Take a gander at my other posts.. I have been one busy chic in the past half-hour. I updated the Thursday Theme, which was "texture". Took a picture of my beloved make-up (no, I'm not stuck-up, just needy of the stuff). Updated the "Thursday Threesome" and the "Friday Five" a day early.

It has been another great day, but the pressure is hitting at work. Today we had a meeting to find out where we stand with a lot of the projects for the big project. When the lead designer found out there was changes again to a virtual map we are doing, a list of cuss words came out of her mouth, for a second there, I thought I was back on the pier of the USS Forestall when I was in the Navy. She's a quiet person, confidant and a leader, so it came as a shock to hear her go off like this. It was warranted, but I was shocked none the less. The company ended up paying for lunch so we could eat and still work which was nice and I hear it will be done tomorrow and Saturday and possibly Sunday if we have to go in on Sunday. Saturday is a must, I love the money I'm making on this project.

I also got to work on my own project that was started and finished by me. I have spent the past 2 days cropping photos for the image library of New York photos so they can use through out the site.. about 400 in all in to 2 different sizes. What fun that has been, but it's my baby. So when I show the site in a few days, most scenic images will have come from me. I also worked on the "poll" page, but I'm sure that will be redone, the one project I just couldn't see myself doing and they gave that to me.

How's this for a kicker? I went into my sucky job for my hour of catch-up this morning and my boss was in for a day. He asked how long will I be working down town and I said till next week. He said that he needs to know if this will become a steady position because he needs a graphic artist for 20 hours. HELLO? Is this not why I went looking? You didn't want me to work 20 hours? Yes.. I want to cuss a stream of words, I just can't write them down. I told him that nothing is concrete and when he gets back from once again another f**king vacation with the boys, I'll know where I stand at. I so hope I can tell him to take his job and shove it up his ass.

I got my MK biz back in gear, saw my friend Jennifer (Scooby snackz) and took an order. Haven't seen her in 2 weeks, or more and it feels like forever. Can't wait till our girls get back into girl-scouts so we can have some mom time while they are in meetings.

Crap. Was hoping to make this an early night, but its nearing midnight. Ain't going to happen.

So with that.. I'll leave you with this one question... what the hell was up with the MTV VMA's tonight? The camera's they used sucked; it looked stage and Guns & Roses? If all but one member is gone.. I'm sorry.. they are not Guns & Roses.. they are a new band! I didn't like them when they were a hit anyway, but tonight was just the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home