Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, September 02, 2002

labor day

I was a little nervous that I would really being doing work on a holiday, and I can actually say, I'm glad they gave me today off. The tension is getting tight, nerves are on the edge, the a/c wasn't turned on over the weekend, so we worked in hot conditions Sat. & Sun.... and the pain from the massage.. I'm SOOOOOO glad they let me take today off.

What I wasn't warned about was the "release of bad toxins" from a massage and that drinking tons of water (not just a small cup, which is what I did) will help wash it out. Now you tell me after I feel like I have been part of a terrible car wreck. I think I was hit by car.. that's how I feel.

The most enjoyable part of the weekend? We talked my mother-in-law into bonding time with the kids and so she took the kids for part of the day and kept them over night. I was released from work around 4pm, came home and caught up on some e-mail reading, sat down to watch my Sex in the City DVD and munch on some potato chips, talked to mom, called Cynthia (she has decided to sign up with someone else.. I wish her the best).

Then I had some major one-on-one cuddling time with my husband when he got home. We don't see much of each other with his 2 jobs that both require long hours and odd hours, so we seem to lose touch of each other from time to time. Our one goal is to keep our kids life on track, normal as can be and not up-rooted with all the screw-ups we have had to endear. So if that means loosing touch with each other, giving up time for ourselves to make it ok for them, we do it. I can personally vouch for that part in our vows.. for better or for worse.. we have lived most of our life in the worst part in money woes which then reflects the rest of our marriage.. but we strive and have never given up that things will get better and so that is what makes us strong as a couple. I so love him.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Monday - I'm going to go have a family day with my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home