Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Thursday, December 05, 2002

undecided

I have two great stories to tell... but which one should it be? The Pretty Woman moment we all want or the Light Bulb went off on J's head? I think the Pretty Woman moment is something we all want... and yes, it can happen.

As I mentioned back in October, my Director qualified for the famous Pink Cadillac. It's not an easy goal to attain, but once you set your mind to it, it can be reachable. We as a unit worked hard and we wrapped it up. So what next? Well.. the car is placed on order and is designed especially for her. So it's about an 8 week wait for the car to arrive to her. In that time she can change her mind at any time to take the cash option (I think about $650 a month, I can't remember at this moment). My wonderful Director has been in the dilemma.. car? cash? car? I'm not saying she's stuck up or vain, she's pregnant, due next week with her 3rd child, and she's questioning if the cadillac is proper with a family of 3 boys, where right now she's driving the MK Jimmy. We have been hounding her for weeks to fess up with her decision and she finally laid the plan out to us the other night... she called a few dealers in town, told them what she was looking for (I was guessing the Escalade) found out what she qualified on her credit alone (yes - no help from her husband at all) and she started looking.

The Pretty Woman moment... she took her husband to one of the dealerships the other day and told them what they were looking for (the Escalade). The salesman started sucking up to her husband and he had to point out that it was she who was doing the dealing and buying. He got flustered then brought another salesman to talk to her. He too started talking to her husband and once again he said it wasn't him that was making the deal. She said she was getting a little tee'd by this time, but she said that within seconds the attention was all on her. About 3 other women and I cried out "it's from Pretty Woman! Just how obscene an amount of cash are we talking about here? Profane or really offensive?" That right there set a goal for me to make it. How cool it would be to say "thanks honey, I know you can do it, I know you can help me, but this one is on me".

So with that in mind, I set a goal today to gain 100 new customers in the year 2003. B said that averaged a customer every 4 days. Yikes, I had no idea. But I'm sticking to my guns. While out running some errands and visiting a customer today, I carried my $5 basket - every thing in the basket was $5 items and I gained my first new customer. Calling her tomorrow. 99 more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home