Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, July 22, 2002

My husband wrote this into our yahoo group list we hang out with. I still giggle over the outcome. I got an ice cream sandwhich. :)

I've got another one for the "I'm an idiot file." You'd think after screwing up EasyMac I'd put more thought into even some of my spur of the moment decisions. I suppose I shouldn't share this, and let other parents learn this on their own, but I believe some lessons shouldn't be learned the hard way.

Both kids (7 and 8 years old now) come running into the house looking for money because the ice cream man is on his way. I head for the nearest available cash and hand it to them, and out the door they run. I waited a couple of minutes then headed outside and waited for the kids to finish their transactions, and to get the change. It turns out that if you hand a ten dollar bill to 7 and 8 year olds, there will be no change, but there is 10 dollars worth of overpriced junk food. God the ice cream man must love uninitiated parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home