Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, July 28, 2002

New Mexico -

Visiting my mom is such a strange visit. I look at her, I see her and wonder, is it me that changed or her? Did I grow up and meet a new mom or did she level out and become a cooler mom? In either case, we have really come closer in the past few years, and now with us both doing Mary Kay, the past few months have been the best between her and I. Now, I don't want you, the reader to think we were on a ruff patch, we haven't, but it wasn't till after my dad died that I realized I was closer to him then her, and my mom was closer to my sister.

The trip down was an experience at most. My husband works for a puddle-jumper airline and so it's funny to check in at the airport, and you go down an escalator to the train, then you walk down the long concourse, then down another escalator, walk, down, walk, down, walk.. and you realize, your on the ground. This means there is no walkway to the plane, the walkway to the plane is a walk outside on the tarmac and walk 4 steps up into this ity bity plane. The plane is small. Only 9 rows and each row has 2 seats..so the luxary of having a window seat and aisle seat at the same time is a plus! Row 9 is a 3 seater and that's where the kids and I sat. They both got window seats, I get the aisle seat and get to look straight into the cockpit. JOY!

We leave about 9:30 at night and once airborn, the pilot says he will turn off the cabin lights, but there are reading lights.

Click.

The plane is pitch black.

No one wanted their reading lights on and so the only lights that can be seen on the plane are the green glow of the exit signs and the orange glow of the cockpit. My two fall asleep.

In this tiny compact room. Room? Space. I think of where I'm going, who I will see and why am I going? I see the moon out the window and it's part of the glow that lights up the plane. From my view, it's an optical illusion. The moon is sitting on the wing. So I ask the moon who has decided to sit next to me..'why am I going home?'. And the moon just stares at me. From a favorite book that my chidren have, I say to the moon - "Goodnight moon" and take a quick 10 minute nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home