Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Thursday, September 05, 2002

greymatter

YEAHHHHHHH I mastered greymatter! What is it? It's an application used for bloggers/journals to make it easier to log their entries. I'm not personally using it until I get my own domain name and host, but I set it up for my Director whose website I designed so she could post messages to the team and not have to go through me to post them to the site. I just do everything else! LOL. But I spent the better day of yesterday working on it and after trying out a few other journal software like moveable type and Php something or other, I found a cool link made by someone called a "Greymatter for Dummies". It worked for me. I have it basically set up right now to post messages, but I'm curious to all what it can do, I think it would be great to use it in other places of the site that gets weekly updates and that alone could save me a ton of work.

Tomorrow my Director is taking 25 brochures to her Directors meeting and giving me a plug on my website design. We hope to get about 10 to 15 more websites to do for the Area. That alone will bring me in some small cash, this isn't to take place of my job, just help. So I'm glad I got greymatter working so I can tackle the future designs.

I went back to the sucky job today, and I still have not told my husband what is going on. Who knows.. the check might come in after all. I won't know till Sep. 9th, so I see no sense in worrying him till then. I'll just worry about it. Everyone made jokes like "are you here for the day?" and my response was "only till something better comes along". My boss kept his distance letting me catch up on stuff and then leaving me with stuff to do while he goes back out on the road to Lake Powell with his buddies. Thank goodness. the VP is going too. It WILL be a short day for me tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home