Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Interview

The interview with Reno went well today. We talked for a hour on the phone, which I take as a good sign. Told the Recruiter that if the company thinks I'm a good match, that I'll even fly out next week to meet them in person if needed. I then told my Project Manager of what is going on, I mean, I'm only working contract and I thought by telling her that I'm progessively looking, she might take the hint and try to hire me full time. She did. I'm to let her know if I do get a job, wether it's in town or out of town and maybe at that time she let the company know that I might go and that might spur them into hiring me. We shall see.

It's snowing now in Denver - joy. Took me a hour by the city buses to get to work, and took 2 hours to get home by the city bus. Had all means of leaving early so I could tell that Director I can no longer work for her and never got home in time. Roads are slippery too.. ain't happening.

Thinking "out side of the box" - I laid it on the line to B that though I am looking for work here in Denver, I'm stepping up job alerts out of town too. I have added Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and I'll add Florida later tonight to my job watch list which already has Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson on it. Not sure if I want to go out that far, but we need to go somewhere and we need it now. I'm not revealing my age, but I'm not a spring chicken anymore and I need to find something that will last at least 3 years so I can get my act together and put some money aside and prepare for my golden years. Period. I think in the graphic industry I have about 3 to 5 years left before the young ones come in and pull me out of the water with their talent. I got to enjoy this and have fun before my time is up. Damn.. just shot me now!

Just my thought process. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home