Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, November 08, 2002

Boondocks

Last night B took the family to Boondocks. His work gave every employee and their families 1 day unlimited passes. A little on the cheesy side, but we don't get out often, or the money to do it so we took this as a treat. B and the kids have been here before. When times were good, B would take the kids on Wed. nights and go out and do different stuff with them while I went to my pink nights, I told them about the place and they went one night. At a time when he worked a regular job, regular hours and stuff and wasn't in the need of sleep all the time. So they all knew the ropes of this place. Call me geeky mom.. I didn't.

Everything on that list that the site say it has and does, we did. Road the bumper boats in cold weather (not to bad) until we started spraying each other. I got dizzy. Since the bus accident, waves of nausea, dizzy spells and headaches have fallen upon me. Having a bumper boat spin me in circles did not help the problem. I was off the boats within 10 minutes. Amazing watching your own children handle these "motors" much better then you is a humbling thing.

I have never done go-carts either. So off we go to go-carts. J and D couldn't drive, under age so they got us carts for 2 people. J road with me and because B is slightly over-weight, it was just a matter of seconds before I would pass him and D up and they were dust to us. I don't think I laughed so hard or so loud or so long. That was a blast. I kept picturing Anna Nicole Smith on her go-kart moment and laughed even more. When we later came back and did it a 2nd time, D rode with me and because we were even lighter because of his weight, we swerved, spinned and flew even faster. We lapped B and J twice and when I tried to slow down a few times, D would take his foot and stomped it over mine and floor the pedal. Jeff Gordon - look out. My son is a future NASCAR driver.

We did our own version of putt putt golf. Near the end, we were all putting from different angles, one hole D and B were playing hockey and trying to see who could get the ball into the hole and I could not believe it.. J twice (2 times!) made a hole in one. Twerp! We hit the "laser tac", parents vs kids and as a team we beat them, but as a player D just kicked our butts. Once again - geek mom had to be shown how to do stuff and the kids knew how to gang up on me faster then dad. He had to come bail me out each time.

The plus of this visit - during the winter months, it's less pack, so no lines to wait for anything, sometimes we were the only people there. The negative - too darn cold! But it was a great night to wrap up family night and prepare ourselves that the kids will be gone for 2 weeks. Tomorrow we fly out for NM and I'll be back on Sunday. Joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home