Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Saturday, November 02, 2002

weekend update

I miss when Dennis Miller used to do Weekend Update on SNL.

Anyway - my week has been hetic - so here is a quick recap.

Monday - Cold

Tuesday - Snow

Wednesday - Snow

Thursday - Snow

Friday - Cold / Foggy

Saturday - Cold / Foggy

That's it. Not really. Exciting parts - Reno interview which isn't finished, but then my contract job offering me "Part Time / Full Time" status. Working great hours, great pay without benefits with the downside - could end at anytime. Bus accident that has now sent me to the Doctors, but good drugs and massive migrane headaches. Nothing getting done this weekend. I just realized the kids go off track in just days and will be with my mom for 2 weeks. Two weeks to myself. Since B works the night shift, I'm more or less "solo". So I see a few pink nights without daycare needed, daycare not needed at all when I work, a few "Girl's Night Out" I'm sure with Mary Ann to catch a movie and I have no idea what else. Problably some web related catching up and just in general getting stuff together for the holidays. Heck - with them gone, I could for sure take some time off and fly to some out of state interviews and not have to worry about them. Sounds all great and dandy, but not hearing them for 2 weeks.. which is by far the longest I've gone without the two of them together... will be lonely. Since they were 3 and 4 they have gone to either Grandma's or the in-laws for a week at a time, or 3 weeks at a time, but one child always stayed with me, this will be a first of doing the solo mom gig. Nerves have now settled in. :-/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home