Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, November 10, 2002

A lovely cheese pizza, just for me.

I have started naming my titles from movie quotes. Can you name the last one and this one? Heck.. I almost forgot where I got the last one. Look for it in the comment section. :)

Back from Albuquerque and I'm home alone for the next 15 days. I don't think I'll make it till Wednesday without wanting the kids back. We flew out yesterday morning, and arrived an hour later in NM. I haven't been to Albuquerque since 1999, and even then, the last time was when we were moving with the U-Haul on our way to Denver. I grew up in the Albuquerque airport. Beautiful place that changes each time, but stills some things is the same.. know what I mean? It was very strange for the first time not having my family meet me at the gate as we walk of the plane. I can still remember before Albuquerque even had "gate ramps" and how we watched our families walk off the plane, down the ladder and into the building. How excited we would be, when we saw a person that resembled grandma and grandpa at the top of the steps and slowly walk into the building. For those who know Albuquerque - do you remember walking under the tarmac then coming back up and being half way out on the runway in a round building? I miss that. :)

Mom then took us back to her hotel and we dropped our bags, then it was off to run some errands and pick up some stuff she can't get at home. We stopped in Wal-Mart and for once I let the kids roam off to the toy section while mom and I hit the craft section. About 20 minutes later, D shows up and asks where J is. We go looking for her and she's no where to be found. I try to be cool about it. She's 8, she knows not to wander off; she's probably looking for us. We split up and keep looking for another 10 minutes. Then I hear my name called over the intercom. Almost 2 years later of nagging - "ask someone to help you find me", it paid off. She held her cool until she saw me, then she dropped into tears with relief. I told her I would never leave the store without her till I had her in my arms and that she should never leave the store till I found her.. and all was better. Such a brave girl.

We then drove around Albuquerque. I saw the "BIG I" where I-40 and I-25 meet up and the changes they did to it, seems a little more navigational. We drove down Central, up by the Tram , but it was too windy to take a ride in it and costly! Then I remembered when we were near Old Town that Aquarium and Botanic Garden was close by - we thought it would be great to get out and walk around at. Mom and the kids have never been there before but my sister and I have when a few years ago, before she moved to Italy and I to Denver - I think she had to get her passport stuff taken care of and we had some time to kill and we went to the Gardens. It was a blast. The kids, mom and I spent like 30 minutes watching the shark tank, the over the head tank with the green eels were down right spooky. Couldn't help but think of the Disney movie The Little Mermaid and wonder if it was this spot they come up with those scary helpers of the wicked sea witch!

Then we went out for dinner (why do I always feel that when I'm with mom I'm always eating??) and headed back to the hotel to unwind.

This morning we were up and gone to see me off to the plane and now I'm a childless mom. They both seemed more excited to visit their friends they have at Grandma's then missing me, and I see that as a good thing. So I wrote my list on the plane that things have to be done. I think Thanksgiving is going to be at my house for the first time in my married life (11 years thank you) and I have 2 more pink Open Houses for the Holidays so I have some house cleaning, website to work on and work in general to do. I'm going to work on the sites for about an hour and then get some house cleaning done. It's needed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home