Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, December 16, 2002

breath - he he he he he he. Breath he he he he he

While the big conference call goes on, I have a few minutes of downtime to catch my breath and stop thinking and relax. My brain falls to mush.

I really love stuff like this. I think this really out does any of the other deadline moments in my life I have ever had. New launch of a site this coming Wed. related to the World Trade Centers. Major. Big and everyone from upper management down to my project manager are scared we won't make it. I have faith that we will. This is about the only time in my dedication in work that I'll stick to my guns and say it will happen. I like making deadlines and I like working under the pressure. The time has flown today and I'm looking at the clock realizing that it's 3:45 and I still have about 6 more hours of work to put in.

Have hit a small snag today - unrelated to the project. My so-called dream job from a year ago got a hold of me. They are looking for another developer and want to give me first crack at the position. I have sat here and weighed the pros and cons - I'm not sure what I want. So lets weigh them shall we?




Dream JobCurrent Job
10 minute drive to work1 hour drive to work
Get to work on graphic design againwork on major name websites
Have to log into call center and take callswork in my own little corner, no one bothers me
Have to work with Stacey againDon't have to work with Stacey
Will have to work contract again - possiblyNot contract, but not full benefits employee


So how was this my dream job? Working on a ton of sites at all times, at least 20 a week, with full control and working with the client one on one. They were small potoato companies - so they don't go for the bells and whistles like the current clients I work with here. I was laid off because my contract was finished and they could only let 1 out of 5 of us stay and that was Stacey because she became the manager's best friend. To come back now - would show that I need the work, not neccessarily, but I'm sure some would think it that way. The pay for both jobs are the same, unless the "dream job" has upped their price. I told Julie I would only consider going back if they offered full time employment from the get go and more pay. I'm going greedy this round. If not. I'm staying here. I really like the work environement, the politics are not that bad compared to the dream job and though I know I would have much more 'fun' with the dream job - I'll get overtime and stuff where I am at now and learn a great deal more in the next few months. I guess I answered my own question. I'll check into the pay of the dream job, but I'm pretty sure no matter what - I'm going to stay where I am at. Wow. A first. Turning down a job, and my dream job at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home