Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, July 10, 2002

So it's been 2 weeks. Last week my daughter had a melt down and I realized that she needed me more then my meeting did. What a joy it is to say "ok, tonight my daughter needs me" and spend time with her. I ended up taking her to the meeting so I could let my Director know I wouldn't be there, and let her peek into my "pink bubble" world. I then took her out for dinner and a hair cut. Spent money that was fun.

This week is exciting. Since my Director can't go to Seminar this year, we are doing our "mini" awards tonight. Having never been to Seminar, I'm not sure what to expect. I tried to blow this night off in the sense of "it's any other Mary Kay night", but when you are pushed with the idea of "dress up in semi-formal or formal wear", it makes me wonder, ok, what is going to happen tonight. I haven't done anything big this year except raise my income a little, so it's not like I'm expecting to be awarded anything, but with my Unit and Stephanie, I'm never sure what will happen. :)

I guess the biggest support came to me when I had a nitch in the dress area. My darling husband has been supportive to a degree. How much? Well, last year he paid for me to go to Retreat when I couldn't come up with the money, and he bought me some cool address labels for my birthday that says Mary Kay Representive on them (oh yes, and Dale Jarrett's #88 and signature too!). Anyway - I ordered a dress from ebay (not a brite move) and even wrote to the seller and made sure it was my size. How does one person get confused that a MEDIUM dress can fit a 1X to 2X chic? And did I mention it's a sweater dress? Long Sleeves? HELLO?

So I explain to darling husband my problem and he comes up with a great idea and even supports it with some money. Find a consignment shop and keep it under $50. I know, awards night, 24 hours away, how am I going to find something like that? I hit the jackpot. Found it in the first store. Nice thing is, it's a little big. :) Can wear it in the winter time and summer and it's drop dead gorgeous and wearable for work. I not only get this dress, but I pay much less then the $50, and it's a brand new dress, never worn, tags still on it from the store. Dang.. Mary Kay herself would have been so proud. :)

The hours get shorter now, and the nerves are kicking in high gear. My best friend Julie is going to do my eye make-up, not my best area. It is now time to get this show on the road and knock them dead.

If I don't have a heart-attack of nerves first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home