Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, September 30, 2002

hot flashes

Heading off to bed early. Tomorrow can not get here fast enough. I took my temp 4 times today and not once did I get under 100. Then there were those brief moments at work where I was walking around with my sweater on. I so give up.

My mom called today to tell me her reflux is acting up again, so the dr. doubled her dosage and she ended up passing out this morning. Thank goodness a friend had just pulled into the yard and heard a "whomp" in the house and mom's door was open so they could see her.

Nothing serious done, she broke a lamp, stubbed her toe, glasses are fine, but she says her nose will be bruised by morning. My only thought is - what if this happens again when no one is there, and no on is in the drive-way coming for a visit? What if this happens again when the 90 year old lady she takes care of is in the house too? What is she going to do? She's not "all upstairs" to call 911 for my mom.

She said "I just come through and go with the flow". What if it's worse then a stubbed toe? More like bleeding that won't stop? I know - major dramtic here, but it's darn right freaky! They have decreased the medication and will see her again in a few days. I can't say this enough, I hated when she left the church I grew up in and went to another.. but the friends and support and about 80% of the new church is all doctors.. I'm glad someone had come to visit her and caught it in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home