Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, September 27, 2002

here

I'm here. It's been a day of not getting much done and still gaining some energy back. I stepped on the scale today and over the past 5 days I have dropped 8 pounds. Not good. Not good at all. Well.. kinda of good. But not good. Know what I mean?

D is now home sick. He will probably get asthma over the weekend if we don't keep watch of him. He's bouncing off the walls because he's not really sick but if we let him the cold air - he'll be on the nubilizer within hours.

B bought "Monster's Inc." Good. Give Shrek a rest, please.

I guess my best moment today was when I wasn't even there. My boss had some new client in his office yesterday and he was showing her round the office. Pointing to all his over-worked, under-paid staff and he came to my office. I wasn't in, but they really do brag up on me and how I am their "In-house media". Yeah. I have an office. A door, with a desk, book stand, a part of a sectional that has been divided into many offices. I have a love seat section. The strange part of my office is, I have no lights on. The lights give me a headache so I work in the dark. Most developers do, it was the same way at my contract job. Anyway.. he explained that his "web-guru who is odd with the lights off, wanna be MK is at home with the flu." She asked him "MK?" He snorted (all this from the grape vine at work) and said yes. She asked if I had a catalog handy and he said he had no clue. One of the girls in the other office over-heard and said she had one that I gave her, she gave it to this lady. He was a little miffed that I was selling to co-workers (OH WELL!) and took his client to his office to chat. From what I was told, when they walked by his office, they could see her listening to him at the same time just thumbing through the catalog. After their meeting, she asked for a desk to sit at which t'eed my boss more but he did what she wished and she sat down and wrote out an order. She then wrote a check, took the catalog back to the girl and put the order and check in my desk.

ROFSMAO (rolling on the floor, snorting my ass off) - I went in this morning and heard all about it, went to my desk and there was an order for $350.00 in pink product! My boss was just shocked. I made a very big but in a small way kudo about putting it away and looked her list over and went wow. Christmas gifts, personal stuff, itemized, the works. My boss drilled me with questions and was amazed that I made more in those 15? 30? minutes that I do with him in at least one week and I wasn't even at work! I'm calling her on Monday to talk about the items she ordered but I'm just so tickled that she put him in his place and now he won't make fun of me anymore.

So a very nice Friday. Very nice indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home