Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, September 23, 2002

Its A Living

Everyone is coming down sick around me and I think I'm heading for the next phase myself. Not sure if I want to go in tomorrow with everyone down with it at work and my dear friend Julie has it too. Get well sweetie. :)

Tonight I stayed up late and caught the A & E Special "It's A Living". A 1 hour show centered around 2 careers. They profiled "Making the Sale" and picked a dealership in Las Vegas and a Mary Kay consultant in Texas to profile. It was really put together nicely. I don't ever think I have seen so many MK Red Grand AM's in one place, even when I go to pink events was there that many vehicles. The house that the Director owned was just a dream come true and so once again, more insipiration to set my goals. One thing I have not been doing was putting key reminders of goals that I want around the house. In one segament of the show, a Director was in her bathroom doing her make up and right there on the mirror was a Cadillac postcard and some numbers written on a sticky note that I'm sure was her production or sales goal. I need to put up my goals and look at them.

What amazed me about the car sales taping, was the owner of the dealership is (??) started (??) at the age of 26. He seemed young to me, so I think he is 26/27. The show is up to date, all the new product in MK, the Directors suit is this years color so I guess the guy with the dealership is 26. He looked like a cross of Elivs with the Mafia who literally has his own rap cd out. Right there turned me off about ever wanting to buy a car from him. Same way with a famous football player we have here in Denver. He now sells cars. How can you be a famous football player for almost 15 years then the next day be a car salesman? I know they use him for the commercials, but because he won the Superbowl, I'm supposed to be reassured that I'll get the best deal from him? Things that make you say hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home