Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, September 20, 2002

rattled or Not a Girl, Yet Not a Woman

Oh yes.. that will be a search target.

I don't know. Seems like my life has kicked into over-drive and I'm going to play catch up with it all weekend long. I'm in the middle of getting SuzAnne's site up and running, they want the pages there so that they can see what needs to be added. It seems like one thing or another was in the way and causing problems. Couldn't upload properly, couldn't find the correct colors for the site that I was happy with, etc. etc. Finally after 2 hours got the 1st page up and I'll have to admit, damn. It looks good.

Going to SuzAnne's house has really put some positive in my life and made it extremely hard to go back to sucky job yesterday. Boss was pissed as heck that he wanted an update flyer on the agents that have sold the most for the Hawaii trip they are planning next year (and I can't work full time.. ) Had the flyer done in 10 minutes and I was once again back in good graces. What an ass.

Today is my Friday - and so I was off and running to the other side of town to visit a customer and have lunch with her. She was my first customer in this biz and if it wasn't for her, I would have quit this a long time ago. We worked together at another wonderful job that I was so nicely laid off from and because of my biz, we have been able to stay friends. Today 2 other employees that I worked with meet with us for lunch. Hadn't seen them in 2 years and they were so cool to see. I guess the funny part was, the VP who laid me off showed up too and he saw me. Not sure if he remembered me or not, but it was ackward for a few moments.

Then home to crank out the site. Took a 2 hour break and went to the book store to get the kids some books. We have been promising them books from the school book club and just never have the money at the time or forget about it. Will remember next time. Could have saved ourselves about $40 from Barns & Nobles. I just had to break down and buy magnet poetry. We got some dorky 20 letters manget words from our medical insurance and B and I have been leaving each other stoopid notes. Now we can get serious and leave each other some real notes.

Ran over to Payless with their buy 1 get 2nd pair 1/2 off sale to pick up J and D some school shoes. J is growing like a weed and she is now at a point where she can wear a Childs 3 or a Women's 5. Not a girl and not yet a woman. Yikes. Got her some school shoes and tennis shoes. Got D some school shoes, his tennis shoes are fine and then got myself some nice work shoes. Every pair I own are either heels or something that says "wear colored socks". I want my white socks! Money that should not have been spent but needed and I don't look forward to telling B my total (B&N was worse then Payless) in spending.

Now to spend another 3 hours before bed and work on the site some more. I want them to be able to see something over the weekend and give them food for thought. Besides - another full day tomorrow. Girlscouts and one of J's friends and her mom wants to do something with us. Busy busy busy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home