Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, September 22, 2002

Mother of the Year - NOT!

I'm such a shit. A major shit. A terrible mother. Pull my car-totin, supper feedin, boo-boo kissen, mommy lovin card away.

Today when trying to get the new site of Stephanie's done. I told D to give me a second and I would set a movie up for him. J distracted me for a second with a question, I get back to work. I think roughly 20 minutes later, I call Julie to see if she would view the site and then at least 45 minutes after that, J tells me that D is upset. Why? He's still waiting for the movie. OMG. I dropped everything right there and then, took a major time out, popped in Snow Dogs and sat down with the kids to cuddle and watch it for the 5th time in 3 months. D - I'm so sorry.

Needless to say. The buttons to Suzanne's site will wait till tomorrow and Stephanies is up but just needs a few tweaks on each page. I'm way impressed with it. Have no idea what layout I'll have for Jodi when it's her turn in October for a new site. Julie asked me how I'll come up with them but is so amazed that each one has their own look and feel. I spent an hour looking for free fonts that had the look of Stephanie's handwriting. Came close. Maybe it would have been easier to get her signature and scan it, but I don't want them to think I'm spending too much time on the site.

I'm not going to make it to the flash animation tonight.

But I did spend an hour over at the Blog Ornament Exchange site. At last count 36 entries, which meant about 25 new journals for me to view. A lot of them hang out at the same places I do - Friday Five, Thursday Threesome, Positive Participation, but when Friday Five gets at 500 posts.. I can't look at them all. But I have had fun with the Ornament Exchange. It's where I found the 20 Words to Change Your Life from Sherry. I need to work on that. Kat's page had a bunch of links for smail mail participants and just the layouts, journals, graphics have been exciting to look at. I'm looking forward to seeing more sign up and how cool (sweet is what D would say) is that... it's only Sept.?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home