Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, September 11, 2002

normal?

I went back to the normal lay-out, but have kept the gray look. Might use it again when looking for a new look, or the Directors suit is in gray one year. Right now the Director's suit is a plum purple and my journal is a daily reminder that I want that purple suit.

Today was not a bad day. It did help that I did not stay long at work, and of all days, my boss came back. I figured that one more day of early take off was in order, save him some money and left for lunch and never came back. Good thing I did. I had stayed up till 2am working on the gray look, I was tired this afternoon.

I went to lunch with a friend from my old job, and we went to a park close by our jobs. We didn't talk touch much about what today was or what we were doing last year. She's pregnant, so we talked mainly about that and the contract job I finished.

I came home, B was sleeping and I left him there. I curled up on the couch, turned on the tv, found some news stuff I could handle and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours.

Went to my MK evening and I don't know what it is with me lately, but I seem to want to find excuses not to go an hour or 2 before I leave. I never follow through, and I go and I'm glad I went afterwards, but I don't understand the excuses I make myself lately. The neat thing tonight was seeing 3 Grand AM's in the parking lot. Another lady got her free car and so we are up to 3 Grand AM's and a Jimmy in the parking lot. My Director said that if we make production goals this month, she has the Cadaillac. A first for her. She's taking the cash option though, with twin boys and a baby on the way, a pink Cadaillac isn't all the practical. She wants to keep her MK Jimmy, but they have been phased out so she has to turn that back in when she wraps up the car deal.

Tonight we talked about one of Mary Kay's favorite sayings - treat your customers as if they had a sign around their neck that said "no one else is important but me". Stephanie has taken those words and made me feel that way. It seems like weekly she is always saying something nice about me and after 2 years I have yet to handle her compliments. I just hope that in years to come I can treat others the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home