Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, September 06, 2002

banana bread

I hate to cook. Despise it with the passion. I once watched an episode of "cribs" on MTV and it had John Leguizamo's home. He showed his cupboards.. nothing but menu's for take-out/delivery. How lucky can the guy get?

But tonight I got in a weird mood and made not one, but TWO loaves (loaf's?) of banana bread tonight. Not only that. but LOW-FAT banana bread. Hmpf! I can pig out. It's been awhile since I spent more then 10 minutes in the kitchen and since B dominates it, I had to go looking for all the items needed, cook ware, the works. I love the smell of the house when there is fresh cooked bread. Doesn't matter what it is. It smells good. Tastes good too.

I have also followed the pack. Wasn't going to do it, but I have asked B to go to Amazon.com and get his wish list for Christmas. He said they don't sell cars. he needs to look again! So I have posted mine.. it will grow over the next few weeks. Not like it's for anyone to buy me anything. It's more a mental note of what I want when things are rough and a reminder when things get better I can go "oh yeah... I wanted that". A lot of kids music and movies for the tykes, not me personally, so don't ask about Jimmy Neutron the soundtrack. I do have to admit though.. it is cool. I am on this kick lately to have nothing but soundtracks from movies. Can't get enough of them.

Lighter note.. then I'm off the computer for the night to watch "The Rookie". Going into the mountains tomorrow. Girlscout thing. Pisses me off that the boy scout troop doesn't call me for weeks, there hasn't been a meeting, then I get this email today that they are selling popcorn this weekend when can I show up? I promptly told the lady that I have plans and when they get more organized I'll get back with them. HUGE SIGH. I think D is going to be out of Boy Scouts again this year. I just don't have the patience to deal with them - again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home