Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Saturday, September 07, 2002

saturday

When you go up the mountains for a 2 hour visit, some how it turns into an all day event. Today was the first day of Girl Scouts for my daughter J. She's a Brownie, in her 3rd year and heads off to Juniors next year. This year is going to be exciting, because they are again, much older so able to handle more outings and I for one will be able have some fun with her. I hated GS when I was kid. The troop leader was mean, catered to her daughter and treated anyone that wasn't on her 'level' like crap. But then, I was the person that everyone picked on in school, so GS was no different. I can remember many times getting into my uniform, heading off to school, be told by the leader's daughter that it had been cancelled, call my parents from school to come get me to find out it wasn't cancelled, and the girl would say "oh she misunderstood me".

This is troop is awesome. Both leaders treat the girls the same, even their owns and it's nice to have an over-emotional leader who tears up when she hasn't seen the girls in 2 months. I'm again the cookie mom. Picture the Soup Nazi from Seinfield but as a woman with GS cookies.. and you have the same thing. It's a total power trip for me and it was a blast last year so I look forward to doing it again.

Already a camping trip is planed for Oct., a block from my house to be exact. Since we moved out of the school district, we still go to the troop meetings in Littleton. They were describing this camping place with tee-pees, and out in Aurora and I started putting the 2 together. About half a mile down the road from our place is a house, out in the middle of no-where with 4 tee-pees. Perfect for looking at stars which is what they will be doing. Nice thing is, both my friend Jennifer (scooby snacks journal) and I live just a stone throw from this place.

But today we went up to a cabin owned by one of the girls mom's and it was great. About a 45 minute trip out of town, up in the mountains, on 400 acres and with a 10 degree drop in tempature. It was just so nice. The kids went on their first hike of the year while us mom's talked about the events for the year. It should be exciting, they will have plenty to do for the girls. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home