Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Begin

It's been another wild Wednesday. I love them. Cold as hell but my heart is on fire tonight!

Tons of Dr. tests over the next few days - diabetes, thryoid, chloestral, blood work, mammogram, and an ultrasound. Yeah.. those last 2 are freaking me a bit. Dr. felt a mass in my lower abdomen and wants it looked at and with all the stuff on the estrogen in the news and not realizing I was taking a high dosage, I'm now in for a mammogram (sp?) for a test on breast cancer. Real nice guy, I bared my soul to him and told him a lot of my concerns. After awhile when it came to addressing them I told him I wasn't ready for some of those topics and that we would come back to them later on, lets concentrate on the here and now.

I have to go estrogen free for a few days till the tests come back. Suck-o-rama.. I'm going to be a major bitch for a few days. Someone give me strength not to tear into everyone I know. Then I go on the patch again which is cool. I hated taking meds, I'm the worst for pill poppin. Would never make a good druggie... I would forget to take them.

Other great news, my check from the contract job is on the way and they want me to work next week for them. Already next week is looking packed. Lunch on Monday with Director, Wednesday trip to another Director in Greeley about her future website, then contract job for 2 days. Ha! Sucky boss gets me only for 2 days!


But lets get to the topic at hand - I'm turning over a new leaf tonight. I'm "Begining" my life over this evening. A new person is emerging and I'm ready for a few challenges in my life.

With my "20 Words That Can Change Your Life" - I'm begining my life again.

BEGIN
Take charge of your life by beginning something you’ve always wanted to do, like going back to college or cleaning out a closet that’s been driving you crazy. If your goal seems overwhelming, start small. Clean one shelf or take one class. “By daring to begin the life you’ve always wanted, you become energized,” says Mari Tankenoff, L.P. and CEO of MindFitness, Inc., a counseling and consulting firm in Minneapolis.

I am taking charge. I'm moving up. I'm going to succeed this year. I'm going to kick some ass and earn some cash this year. I'm going to gain a few new team members, make some new friends, attain new customers, and I'm going to do this in less then 90 days. My GOAL is to do $1,000 in sales this Christmas. More, the merrier. That breaks down to $300 a week, which breaks it down to a spa set a day. One spa set a day. I'm going to take a spa set to work, in my car and carry it till I sell it. I'm going to sell it tomorrow. That is down right freaking overwhelming that I'm writing this down. But it's there. On paper, ok, screen. It's in stone. If Tasha can write a check for retreat and do it in 30 days and go.. I can write down that I'm going to make money this season and do it.

I'm "daring" myself to do it. Get out there and do it. I'm ready to play with the big girls and see what it is like in a Red Jacket. Tonight at our celebration, we had 2 new red jackets, 3 new team leaders, 1new on-target (car) and 1 new DIQ, all of this from Monday. I was bummed when I realized I wasn't any where in that list of newbies. And with all the excitement I realized, I don't want to sit in the chairs anymore.. I want to stand and wear RED! I want to go to retreat this weekend and I can't, because I'm not in RED.. next year I will! I'm tired of looking in my closet and wondering "what will I wear tonight?" I want to wear a Jacket. A red Jacket, a purple suit, a NSD suit. Anything but what I'm wearing now!

I'm having lunch with my Director on Monday to discuss the website I have done for her, but I'm going to make sure I pick her brain pink wise and get some butt kickin advice from her to help me along. I said at the begining of the year that "THIS WAS MY YEAR". It kind of slipped when we hit hard times.. the year is not over yet, it still can be my year.

I have just turned into a bull-dog.. I'm going to be a red jacket by the end of this month. Stay tuned. I'm kicking butt with lipstick on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home