Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, November 20, 2002



I've been thinking of my dad lately. He's been gone 6 years now. How odd it was that the first 6 months I thought I would never make it a year without hearing his voice ever again.

~ Dad you are my reason for love:

You were my rock. You never showed me your fear on the rollercoasters so it was easy to go with you. (age 6)

You made things fun when you had other things to do. Many times you had to take me to work at your office. Playing in your office and riding in the truck are some of my best memories. (age 6 - 9)

You supported me in all that I did. Band, Cheerleading, Drama, Speech, Dancing, Ballet, School Dances, Braces, Back Brace. (age 12 - 17)

You kept me grounded. Take this both ways..
...You made me tow the line if I missed behave... my whole Freshman year. (age 14)
...You made me laugh at the emotional moments when tension was high and I needed a break to get through things. (age 22)

You were proud of me when I didn't know it.
...Remember the mall with Band? (age 14) Graduation - you took me shopping for clothes, luggage (age 17) Visting me when J was born. Or was it visiting J and I was a side line attraction? No one got to hold her when you were in the room :) (age 28) Being there when D was born - "Men are NOT in the room when a baby is born. It's obsurd!" Yes dad.. you were there 3 minutes after and once again no one could hold D after you got a hold of him. :) (age 29)

You always knew...
...when I needed a shoulder to cry on. (age 18, 22, 28 and countless others)
...when to give me advice in life decisions or when to stand back and watch me do it myself (age 18, 21, 25 and others)
...when I needed help with my marriage (age 23 and others)
...when the babies needed something - surgey for J, asthma for D (infant ages)

You guided me into the career that I am today - thank you for never giving up with all the no's I said to you (age 28)

You made me strong after your death. Something I wasn't ready for. (days after April 21, 1996)

I may have been your reason for love while you were living, you are mine now. Thank you dad.. I hope I'm the best you thought I should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home