Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, November 17, 2002

You know, I really think I can put together a great Thanksgiving dinner.

For years now, B and I have done Thanksgiving either at his mom's house or my mom's house. There was one year that we did Thanksgiving in VA just the 4 of us, and it was pretty good, but nothing spectular in the cooking area. We have gone out for dinner a few times on Thanksgiving, I'll be honest, I'm not a turkey kind of person. Give me ham and small portions and I'm good to go.

Then when you compare my mother-in-laws cooking to my mom's.. big difference. My mom does the basics, my mother-in-law goes all out. So where am I going with this? For the past few years, I have "offered" to do Thanksgiving at my house... to a degree. We have the bigger homes, the bigger table, and sometimes the bigger kitchen (depending on what rental we are in that year). But my mother-in-law always shoots me down and says "oh no.. I have everything, it's at my place" and I figure I did the good deed of offering my services. I once again, offered it this year, "lets do it at my place" knowing full well she would blow me off and I quickly forgot I mentioned it to her.

A few days ago B got an email from her (she's too busy to call you know) and says with her work schedule, it's going to be too hard to do Thanksgiving this year, I'm taking Susan up on her offer.

WHAT?!?!

B is nervous, he says we'll never be able to cook the meals like she does and he doesn't want to compete with her. I'm not competing with her. For once she's going to eat the meals I set on the table. Then I opened my big mouth once again and told my mom and my mom started making this list of things I have to get and I thought "HEY! This is MY Thanksgiving this year!". I want to make the cool dishes (ANNA - HELP!) I want to do the work, I will make the list up. I want to make the dishes. HMPH. Dang! My mom is bossy! B will help, he did the turkey the first and last time we did it in VA. Watch for more details on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home