Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Thursday, November 21, 2002

Yeah.. I just had to do it

When I saw Bran raving about Sherry's new set, I just had to check it out and just knew I had to use it for the holidays. So not me, but so much fun.

So enjoy the holidays with me and lets make some noise!

Tonight B and I went out for dinner and then went shopping. Every time we usually go shopping we are either hungry and buy everything in the store, or we are low on cash, so we have a plan of what to spend and get in and get out. Tonight we ate before, and we had cash. I was so stuffed that the idea of buying MORE food was just revolting. I had no idea where to start or stop and just kept asking "Do we need more?". It was an experience in itself. We got some potatoes, cranberry stuff, almost picked out a turkey but they all looked to big and even though we are feeding 9, we are also cooking a ham and so not everyone will eat turkey (I won't!).

I guess the best part of the day was I got paid today. First time in a year I got a great check. I mean GREAT! Felt good to put that puppy in the bank too. Other great news, B has passed stage 2 of about 5 or 6 stages to get back into Corrections. It's not easy and I was a little nervous after last time he went through the process and was declined he would never do it again. He felt he blew it with the interview stage yesterday but today they called him and gave him his meeting times for tomorrow and Monday for the next steps. If all goes well, they will hire him December 18th. He says he doesn't think they are letting him just go through the steps till the end and then say 'no, we don't need you', because it's expensive with some of the stuff he has to do. See a phsyc (sp?) doctor, take a lie test, physical, a few other things. How easy it would be for him to just say "lets go home" and all he would need to do is sign his letter of offer and that's it. But we still don't want to go home yet. It's not even home to us, so lets go with - we don't want to go 'there'.

Tomorrow should be fun. I'm taking a half day off to go do something "pink". There is a Dress for Success training at Nordstrom for consultants, and there was a mix up in dates and stuff so it was cancelled last month and rescheduled for tomorrow. Because of rescheduling a lot of Directors and Consultants orginally booked to go can't go, and so it opened up about 50 spots and no requirements were needed and I thought this would be great for me to go to. Might get a new hair cut out of and with my wieght issues, learning what is good and bad for me would be best in my interest.

So with that - I'm once again heading off to bed. Late nights are not my best friends, but mornings are my enemies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home