Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Tuesday, December 17, 2002

pros / cons

I told B about the dream job contacting me and I really didn't think he would be happy to see me even considering it an option. But he was and I can only guess it was for the same reasons I thought - they might offer me benefits, and the drive alone will save us so much. The company is a 10 minute drive tops. I think he's ok with the idea that if nothing happens, like it has in the past when they say they are looking for people that I still have a job.

I have given the current company a ton of pros of why I would like to stay but I can say one major con in it's behalf that could be a major decision breaker - work. Steady. work. Daily, sometimes hourly, I'm having to find someone and ask them do they need help. What do I do now? What project is needed to be completed now? I'm here to help - call on me. I'm sitting over in there yander cube journaling because there is nothing else to do. Throw me a bone will ya? "No. I'll email you in a few minutes." "Nothing right now, go read the manual of proper design. again." "again" "again". That right there - could be the push I need to go back to the other job. I know that working at the other place, I'll have at least 15 sites in my in basket to do, 5 waiting on approvals, and about 30 in the "project basket" will be waiting for someone to take assignment on them. My load would be good.

So I sit here with my journal again - waiting for work. {HUGE SIGH}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home