Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Saturday, December 07, 2002

Stand Up and Make Some Noise!

Ok - yes. Drunk indeed I was. We went out for dinner last night to T.G.I.Fridays and I had 2 margaritas and I was pretty much a light weight and gone for the night. Making lude and crude suggestions to B in front of the kids, making dumb jokes, thinking back on it now - I was so much a person that I despise when I see in public, especially around their children. Bad mom. Bad bad mom. It didn't help that over the past week I haven't been eating decent meals, or had breakfast or lunch by the time we went to eat so everything hit pretty fast. When we got home, I went straight to bed to sleep it off. I can't remember the last time I went to bed at 8:30 pm. It was a great sleep and a needed drink - but I'm going to have to watch myself carefully. What made me mad was that when we got home, B was offering to take J to girl-scouts in the morning and I couldn't figure out how he would handle that with getting off work at 7am, getting sleep then going off to work at the airport by noon. He couldn't get up and take her at 10. Find out minutes before I pass out that he's off for the night. Well dude - I wouldn't have gone over the edge and constrained myself if I knew you had the night off! Geesh!

So in the process of getting J to girl-scouts, cleaning the house, doing some dishes it was setting up another weekend full of Open House items. Julie came over and took over the set-up this time and did a great job. I then called a few of the remaining customers that hasn't been yet and wanted to see if they would attend. One couldn't make it but she placed a $110 order with me over the phone and one has been very sick and asked if I would come visit her on Tuesday and said to bring the big baskets, I asked in what sense? Money or size? She said - money. Good! So my weekend was a bust, but I made $100. I'm no where complaining. Julie's personal Director came over to see how we were doing (she's in another Unit then I am - but adopted into mine due to long story) and we had a great chat with her and got some goods on stuff coming up and so I really liked that she came over and talked to us. She wasn't crazy about letting Julie go to another meeting, and my Director wasn't too crazy about taking another adoptee, but they both figured that if Julie and I team up, in the long run it will pay off. And HOW! We sat down and started planning Valentines.. yes. Not even Christmas yet and we are working on Valentines sales. Girls -- listen up.. have your sweetie get a hold of me if you like this idea. Guys - want to be the hero for Valentines - read on... I was thinking in the car (a scary scary concept and idea) when picking up J - that we have the 12 days of Christmas sales. A gift a day, starting small, getting bigger, and on the Christmas day (or Hanukkah) she (he) gets the big gift. wa-laa.. 12 days of Christmas. Why not 14 days leading up to Valentines? We have the brochures for it, just add 2 items to make 14 days and on the end day wine and wine-glasses come with the main gift. 14 days of gifts! Then Julie came up with a better idea, that on the 14th day or the 1st day, they get the travel roll up bag to put all the goodies they receive. Marsha.. isn't that the best??? We are going to promote this between January 1st and the 15th to assure delivery for the 1st of February. Is this not the best? Want more details? please.. email me. I deliver. Want your sweetie to do something nice for you? email me.. I'll call him. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home