Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, August 02, 2002

Pink Fridays

I love the Fridays I'm taking off. Of course, I haven't done anything MK related yet on those days, but I do enjoy the day off. :) Which will surely bum me out if I get the job I have applied for in the next few days. The recruiter called me today and said that the person who is doing the interviews is on vacation till Monday, could I wait that long for the interview? Heck.. I've been laid off since Oct. with the same company, what's 3 days? So very positive on that.

Today I went with my good friend Jennifer to have our bi-weekly pedicures. She gave this to me as a birthday gift (I recommend it to any woman who doesn't know what to get their friend for a gift) and it has turned into a hour outing for us. I can't do it every other week yet, but I once a month I can spend the few dollars and have it done. Oh my gosh. I swore at one point when the lady was massaging my legs, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and passed out. I opened my eyes and felt dizzy and light-headed. I also felt reliefed of stress and that a huge weight on my shoulder had been lifted. Maybe she removed some major cyst or something. LOL. I wonder what a full body massage could do for me?

I have also let Jennifer in on my journal. She is my first close, real person to see my journal. Heck at this point, she's probably my only other reader next to me! I have been blessed in the past 2 years since moving to Colorado to have found 3 great friends. Jennifer is my newest friend, and we have just hit it off well. She's my sister and I rolled into one. She has the spit-fire, and will tell it to you straight like my sister, and then she gets nervous in front of crowds, loves make-up and has the same values that I use with myself and my children. We are two peas in a pod done up well. :) Like Julie (my other close friend), Jennifer has hit hard times financally, and has come through, so I look to her when I sometimes don't see the end of the tunnel. I know she's there.. I just have to look out my backyard and see her house and realize.. yep, I'm getting there!

We had a lot of fun today, and once again.. another great reason for having Fridays off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home