Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Sunday, November 24, 2002

Hey, pretty girl...time to wake up

Had our 2nd day of the Holiday Open House.

Lessons learned over the weekend..

1) follow up, follow up, follow up
2) make sure next movie to watch with Julie is a chic flix and not a wierded out movie (Mulholland Dr)
3) more junk food on hand

We had a blast, even though it snowed, and we ended up watching a movie, but I know we could have done better. Mulholland was strange and for those who have seen it, I now understand why my darling husband B - watched it twice. He called during the movie and I talked him and he told me "yeah, I watched it twice, but not all of it twice" so I know exactly what he's talking about. Pervert. Julie and I have decided we are going to go for 1 more open house in December for last minute shopping.

Another lesson learned over the weekend - shopping a "midnight special" is not always that "special". B and I hit Kohls last night after he got off work and I got back from the Unit Christmas Party. I need some pants. My weight issue is getting a little out of hand and I need some new clothes. After going to the Nordstrom training on Friday (oh crap, forgot to talk about that) I knew how to shop a little better this time around. But with all this knowledge, could I find what I needed? No! I couldn't find a darn pair of pants 1) my style 2) my size 3) my color 4) my length period. I started to believe that I was on a mission for shopping - just to shop and when I get home I would not like my purchases or I would walk out frustared that I didn't get what I came in for.

My point is - could I find any help? HELL NO! The one lady walking around the area I was in, was putting clothes away. She didn't want to help anyone, just wanted us all to get out so she could get home. I understand, but I'm there to shop! So I finally tackle her football style and get her to point me in the general direction for my size and all I find is the 80% off rack of clothes, and it's clothes from the summer with tons of jungle safari prints, shorts and sleeveless t-shirts. I later confirmed this with Julie - she had been there earlier.. they sent her there too. I about gave up and started to do a google seach on B in the store when I found 2 pairs of pants that were my size, color and style. Small problem was that one pair was a rich brown and doing a quick inventory in my head (I'm so glad I'm anal about how my closet is set up color wise) that I didn't have anything to match the brown pants, so I was able to talk B into 2 new shirts too.

I never told B that I went to the Nordstrom / Pink Lady training on how to Dress for Success Friday. I took a half day for it, so I know he would be a tad upset that I didn't go to work. But I went and I'm glad I did. Other great lesson's learned and the main 2 I got was - a) if it hasn't been worn in a year, toss it b) for every new shirt / shoes / pants, toss out an old one. So right there at the check out.. I told B he had to throw out 2 shirts when we get home and so was I. He never asked me where I got the information from, he didn't question me why it needed to be done and when we got home, he marched upstairs and tossed out 2 shirts. I ended up getting rid of 3 and 2 more this morning. My goal is to clean it out over the week and show him I need new clothes!

Anywho - here are the 2 ornaments I recieved this year from my Unit. The ornament is the one I picked from the goodie bag. We do the "White Elephant" way. Not sure how to explain it, but it's fun. If I open a gift and someone else wants it, when it's their turn they can take it from me. I can in return take it back, open another gift or take someone else's. I had my eye on 2 other ornaments that I wanted to take, but I knew when I opened this that J would fall in love with this and so I kept it. It was taken from me by another gal, for the same reason why I kept it, her daughter.. but I promptly went back and took it back. The 2nd ornament is from our Director. Every year she does a theme, and we all get the same. This year's is "Your Ship to Come In". Her wish for us is to take charge of our life, and to swim out and claim our ship. I'm the Captian of my life, have the power to set sail and make my choices. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home