Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, November 29, 2002

There are no holidays in the fight against evil.

Or in my case... dishes. I think I am now on my 3rd round of dishes and still not everything is done yet from what we messed up yesterday. I want the 3 tier dishwasher I saw on the H&G channel a few weeks ago in my future home.

My mom is safely planted back at home, trying to fight off another cold. I hate to say this.. but I have got to get myself into better shape before I hit my 30's, I mean 35, I mean 40's or I'm going to be hating it later on and though I love her.. I don't want to really end up like her.. I still have time to refix things right?

We then went later in the evening to visit my in-laws. Some weird tradition is that we do Thanksgiving, (at her house most of the time) go home and come right back the next day for more pigging out, watching movies and playing some family games. Never fails. Tonight we let the kids play with us, so it was hard finding a game they could handle, and my in-laws receive an average of 5 new games a year, so they went rummaging through boxes that have never been open. They found a game called Trumpet and B and I had to help J and D, but by the end of the game, J was doing ok and not needing me and D once in awhile had to rely on dad for help and ended up winning the whole game. I'm still looking for the Mickey Mouse Family Trivia game set so we can have some fun with that.

Now to get ready for Christmas. Decorations will go up I think on Monday. B's only night off to be with the family. I can't believe we are heading into another year so soon. J will be 9 this coming year... egads! D will be 8. B and I celebrate 12 years of marriage, my longest boyfriend of all time. :) But the nice thing is.. right now, at this moment, I'm working. I can't say that enough. I'm working and I'm working my pink business and Christmas will be nice. Not grand, but nice. I'm not asking for much.. just a job.

I'm also a little late in posting some things I'm Thankful for -

  • My husband B - a scary thought to lose him in my life

  • My children J and D - the light of my life

  • My mom - spending time with her

  • A job

  • My MK career - without it, I would not have the self-image I have today

  • Julie - my dear friend

  • Life - I'm breathing, I'm living, I'm here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home