Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Monday, November 25, 2002

It's the same things your whole life. "Clean up your room!", "Stand up straight!", "Pick up your feet!", "Take it like a man!", "Be nice to your sister!", "Don't mix beer and wine, ever!". Oh yeah, "Don't drive on the railroad track!"

The main quote is "Clean Up Your Room!" In 4 hours or less, B and I did a tornado like sweep of the house, getting it ready for my mom to arrive tomorrow. All of a sudden I'm major anal about her showing up and disapproving of something. I found out a week ago, on one of her last visits that she took back a table cloth she made years ago because I wasn't "taking care of it" and now all of a sudden I'm looking around the house now and going "What? What will it be this time?" So I know the kids will see changes to the house, we hung up paintings that I had no desire to put up in this house because we are renting, but yet she will point it out and make me look like an ungrateful person for the gifts she gave me. I love her.. but all I have to say is this.. Moms. Sad part? I'll probably turn out to be the same way on my daughter!

B and I wrapped up our Thanksgiving Dinner food shopping tonight. Got the turkey, yams, the "presentation" to make everything look cool (Anna... you're going to die!) and we even had a funny fight in the store and had another woman in the aisle just dying over our comments. We have turned into kids, I swear. Total misbehavior in the stores lately.

Got a haircut. Went short and sassy and B made a joke that it looked like a mullet cut and now I'm scared that it really looks like that. Butt head he is. There will be no pictures tonight, I did some on the web cam and they just look terrible. Maybe tomorrow.

OH - So Anna gave me some ideas of what to do to make the table look nice for Thanksgiving (and Anna - when it comes to blogrolling, add them where you see fit. I didn't add you till I started talking with you, because I wasn't sure if you would feel comfortable with it. Other blogs that have other blogrolling - go for it!) :) So I went looking for placemats and thought I would get festive "thanksgiving" placemats. This Coca-Cola nut can't turn down the stuff if it's on display.. and there in the table setting section was Coca-Cola placemats! I asked B - Traditional or Normal? We went with normal.. 6 C-C placemats, with 4 plain brown ones. Found out later my brother-in-law will be out of town so that counts him and his girlfriend out for dinner. I got this nice off white running board, and while in the arts and crafts, I was looking for a centerpiece, B made a joke that one of the vases looked like the bowl that holds our Meta Fish. He said we should make that the center piece. (I know Anna is going OH NO!) I grabbed some red poinsettia garland, wrapped it around the vase and said "Yep. The fish has become our center piece. The fish is even going to get festive colors in the bowl to match the placemats and season. We found dark red heart shaped marbles, with some white stones to set the color. I hope I'm doing the right thing, I'm sure it sounds tacky but you have to admit.. it will be a talkative piece! While walking around, we found a total decked out Coca-Cola bathroom set; shower curtain, bath mat, toothbrush holder, soap holder, the works. I told B that the ideal home for me is to be new so we can have our way with colors and scheme. I want a retro's 50's kitchen (black and white tile) so that it looks like a soda shop and all the coca-cola stuff will go in properly, but now I'm getting nervous that we might have to do the whole house that way. We also found Coca-Cola bedsheets and I thought about torturing the kids and getting them for their beds. They are Pepsi kids (yeah traitors.. they will get rich after I'm dead selling my stuff off) don't know where and how that happened!

Tomorrow everyone arrives at noon, if there are no problems with the flights. B was telling me yesterday the company (the airline) forgot to pay a bill that pays for "de-icing" and so they could not de-ice the planes for flights yesterday, about 45 out of 65 flights were canceled. HELLO? WHO forgets to pay the dang bill?? So it put everyone back a day in take off and with us getting snow up till early this morning, I was nervous they would cancel the flight all together tomorrow. But Denver is famous for melting quickly, and by 1pm it was almost all gone.

Other quick news then I need to sleep. I recieved another email from another lady in pink. I was is deep fear that when they did their google searches and found my site that they would be upset with me, telling dark secrets of the pink world, but I don't think I really do.. but I just felt that some would be upset that I'm telling my journal online. This sweet lady made my day when she told me this:
Hi from a sister consultant...

Last night, I was trying to find out if director's suits come in my size just to motivate myself to rise above lowely consultant status, and google gave me your blog. I have to say, it has been like reading my own life. All the ups and downs of MK life...the highs and lows...it seems like the highs are skyrockets and the lows are black holes, to me...but you have it all expressed perfectly.

I had a crapfest of a day with customers and turned to your blog and continued where I left off last night. Now I feel much better and like I should keep going, trying to build my business and not letting a few turd heads make me quit.

Thanks for sharing your happiness and sorrows with those of us who know them so well.
it so made my night, and I know she's reading.. thank you. Thanks for reading and telling me I'm doing ok. :)

Night all.. Night Anna, Night Julie, Night Jennifer, Night Marsha, Night Althea, Night John Boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home