Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

revealing

I guess I can mention it now. It's press news and my part of the project is done. This afternoon New York will be revealing the 7 ideas of design for the future WTC. When you go look at the "slide shows" that's all my work. Cropping photos, placing them, sizing them. It's always been a dream of mine to be in on the beginning of something big, and to me, viewing the sketches before the whole world was kind of cool. I couldn't even talk with B about it. So if you are interested - head over to "lower manhattan.info" around 1pm eastern to view the photos. Already this early in the morning and we are getting reports that our servers are being slammed. The press conference is going on as we speak.

Another great 1st - B reported to work as a Corrections Officer. He dressed up in his best suit and for a fleeting second I just wanted to throw away our day and just do something together. He looks real good in a suit. Mark this day for him. He is back on track with his life.

I also think he's catching on to my pink biz. He thought it was funny that we didn't check our phone messages to late in the evening, and there in the messages was a $50 gift certificate order for a customer. She wanted to purchase one for her mom. Two customers that haven't ordered in over a year coming back to life. I just about wrote them off this next quarter in my mailings. It was a nice feeling to wake up this morning and say "I earned $50 in a phone call last night". Coolies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home