Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, August 02, 2002

New Look

I just love the look of the site, and I love the cartoon. Of course, I added the car, I mean.. this is the goal.. but I don't feel comfortable that I'm using the graphic. I'm not exploiting it. I will remove my name next to it.. it's not me really, it's all of us. I'm sure it's all of us that see's ourselves in this dynomo woman. I will look it over for the weekend, but now I'm not so sure that the graphic will work. Which is a bummer. I really like her.

In the meantime, I was doing a search on Mary Kay for something else.. and I found this link. My mother says she was not a pretty woman. I have seen some photos that date back to the 60's to the 80's and agree, they could have been done nicer, but saying she wasn't pretty wasn't her fault. I think cosmetics have come a long way since she started this business 40 years ago, and that photography itself has come a long way. I realize she wore a wig, but what woman hasn't? Hello - Dolly? (which I heard that when one of the fragances we carried was stopped, she bought the remaining bulk). Rupual? (does he count?). She really was a beautiful lady.

I see this picture that's in the link, of her in our meetings at night, big and right there on the wall, and sometimes I will just stare at her, and I feel that those eyes are talking to me. She's looking at me, and me only and telling me "Susan, you can do it. I have believe in you." I look back at her and say "really?" "Really". The other night we had a guest speaker, and he had us set goals for the next 12 months. He said "quick, write your goal. Don't think about it, write it". I did. Then he said that only a small percentage of us who have goals, write their goals and now that we have, we are destiny to earn them. I looked at my goal, and looked at the woman on the wall, and back at my goal. I can honsetly say my heart was pounding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home