Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, September 13, 2002

relaxing

I have gone back to taking my Fridays off from my sucky job and today was a quiet day. Sent the kids off to school, came home to watch the Florida thing on the news unfold and when "B" came home from his midnight shift, we sat and caught up on each other's lifes. Amazing, we have been married 11 years and right now we are living like room-mates. At noon when sleep just got the best of him, I took a small nap with him, not often can I say that I slept with my husband, on a Friday, in the afternoon and we cuddled. A major first in a few months.

Last night I did ok with the Girl Scouts. I facialed 8 girls, have one mom interested in more information and the scout leader who is my customer who had placed an order, called me early this morning to talk about doing MK and placing another order with me. We talked about her fears and she wanted more information. I think she would be great at this. She is an active mom who believes in Family First.. so we shall see.

Julie called me today. She told me great news. She's not moving when her company does at the end of the year. I am so happy for her. I know this has been a hard thing for her. Take the job and move and make new friends, new customers, a new life style or stay here and get her MK career going or find another job. My goal is not only to get myself in a better spot in my biz, but to help her too.

I guess it wasn't all that relaxed today. I did call my National today, and I was so reliefed when her answering machine picked up. But I loved her message.. "Hello you precious thing. How are you today?.... " I felt so touched by it. I'm on the emotional side today so what the heck. Left her a message and now I dread when the phone rings.

Stephanie also called me last night. When we close down our Wed. night's, about 3 to 5 of us end up in the parking lot talking for another 10 minutes before heading home. Right now, since I did not quaifiy for the Retreat in Oct. I didn't feel it was fitting that I hang out to hear what the plans to wear and all that stuff. I left everyone talking and headed home. Stephanie called me and asked if I was ok because she didn't get her hug good-bye. She sounded so like "J". "Where's my hug?". I was fine, just wanted to get home. But it made me feel touched that she felt terrible she didn't say her regular good-byes to me.

Another busy day tomorrow is going on. I can't believe I'm resorting to the enemy and I'm going to an Avon thing. It's really "Southern Living at Home" that I'm going to, but it's a spin off from Avon and it's a friend of mine who does Avon and needs some support. I'm going for the support and to see what all the goodies are about. If it doesn't have make-up, I'm interested.

My sister got off to Italy with a bumpy start. Can't say too much about it. She lost her passport, or thinks she sent it home early in one of the boxes and did not find out till 3 hours before the flight. That's not her. She checks and rechecks often to make she has the important stuff, but it's not the first time she has lost something important. We are still looking for her drivers license that she lost in the house 5 years ago. She did get on the flight, there was some paper work she filled out before flying here that was a temp passport so she was able to use that to get back to Italy. But how scary to find out hours before your flight you could get delayed.. by 3 to 4 months waiting on a passport.

I signed up for the Ornament Exchange that should be fun. Another new list of blogs/journals to look at, and I thought this journal, from "Kat" was interesting. She posted her horoscope, but she posted both Gemini and Cancer. Which normally means she's on the cusp. June 20th, 21st or 22nd. Depending what calendar you look at. I'm a cusp too. June 21st. I lean to the Gemini side but I read both. I don't follow it strongly, but when I need a giggle I do read it from to time. I thought what she got from the paper was pretty wild and fit me to a T.

All in all. Quiet day. Rained some more and we need it. Bring on the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home