Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

whaz up?

A lot. Right now I've been poked and prodded with upteen needles, blood drawings, tests, x-rays, you name it. Yuck. I did the glucsoe thing. and they kept saying "it tastes like flat soda".. yeah, the first two gulps. Afterwards it tastes like syrup and makes you nasuea as hell. I'm now off this sugar kick and ready to take a serious kick ass nap.

Well. After some thinking of working for this Director I'm rethinking the whole thing. For a variety reasons -
1) I don't think I mentioned all the details of what I would be doing for this Director and after talking with Julie and my own personal Director... I'm not sure this is what I want to do. Sure, I will possibly move up, but some of the duties as her assistant are degrading to me and I don't see where I will learn from taking these tasks on.
2) Yesterday I got a call for a phone interview with a graphic's job. I said yes.. and I'm still waiting on this call. Have no clue how long I'm to wait.
3) My own personal Director (Stephanie - oh how I adore her) told me that yes, this oppurnity to work with this Director is great, but at this time, with B and I just finishing up a bankruptcy and still struggling, this other Director isn't going to make it in the pay I should be making. Of course, 3 other Directors will help, but technically - I'm not at a point where I should say "Ok. Bring on the Pink full time". I need at least 6 months to a year of a steady job, build my own customer base up (gave out 2 business cards today) and then be ready to walk the pink road. Not be thrown out into it.

So for the time being I'm stalling the Director - waiting for the job interview to come in. Not a bold and great move on my behalf. I'll have to call her today. I know it. Sigh. I hate confirtations.

My spelling sucks at this point, and my thought process is getting garbled up. Need nap.

To answer the question on the Tag - no. Not all of it yet. I taped it and watched some of it. Will finish it today. I can say some of things were acurate, but not all of it, and some of it was so stretched.. a rubber band would have snapped with the way Hollywood stretched the truth on the stories.My pink corporate was not consulted for the move, and from what I hear, BC (the other company in the movie) wasn't consulted either. This was all of Hollywoods doing. If you want to see what it's like in the bubble.. find a consultant who will tell you the truth and invite you to see the truth. Don't base any of our lives off that movie. Please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home