Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Saturday, October 12, 2002

Brown Palace

The seconds are running into minutes, the minutes are running into hours, the hours into days and my life is getting away from me. Stop that life... it's mine and it's moving to fast.

It is now Saturday once again and I have a load of stuff to do. Three sites to work on (password protecting kicks my butt), a few flyers to design up, stuff to scan, design, birthday gift to purchase for party tomorrow, calls to friends I have not talked to in days, weeks (Jennifer), and still spend "quality" time with the kids. Once again, something is going to have to give.

Had a great day yesterday with the contract job. Nearly working for the project manager for 3 weeks, we decided to do my interview and cover what I can do on a whole for the company. I think I proved it to her that there isn't much I can't do. It was one of the most informal interviews I have ever done. We rarely talked about my skills, but about life in general and how I ended up where I am now, my weakness and what I admit that I can and can not do. I didn't even bring in my portfolio. Not sure when, or if I'll be brought in full time, but my future does look bright with this company. Next week 2 of the developers I worked with will interview me too - and get more of a feel of what I can do. They too have seen what I can produce and handle pressure so I think it should be good.

I think I forgot to mention Girl Scouts. Last weekend J went on a camping trip up the street. For most of the troop - it was across town, but since we commute to GS, the camping event was up the street from our house. It was cold that weekend and a lot of girls forgot to bring jackets and stuff. Two of the older girls (10 years old) were on the wild side from what I gather and at one point in time - one of the leaders had to say something to get them to quiet down for the night. That's not the whole story, but it went along that line. Words were said to mothers that this leader is mean and spiteful and said cuss words and more words were exchanged that this leader ended up quiting. It has sadden J and I and other girls in the troop that this lady stepped down over some obnixous brats who want it their way. So in the long run, another friend of mine said she would become an ass-istant leader (I love how J says that) and I figured she couldn't go that route alone, so I stepped up to the plate too and became an ass-istant leader too. That means some where down the road I'm going camping. Ewwwwwwww. Today we went to the "Brown Palace". A beautiful historical building in downtown Denver. I had heard things about this place and just had to check it out. Our girls were on their best behavior, one of them asked too many stoopid questions and was a pain, but in the long run, better then what we expected.

I have decided that for my birthday I want a party with some of my best pals. I want to do it at the Brown Palace. It's just so rich in elegance, grace and style, I want that too. They have a "Tea at the Brown Palace" event where the ladies dress up to their nines and have tea. I'm not sure if this is what I want to do for myself, but I'm thinking about doing it for my Mother-in-law for a gift for her. Get J all dressed up and Putz and take them there. I think it would floor Putz, but be fun also as a "girls day out" treat.

Now to get some work done. Hi- Hoooooo Hi - Hooooo - it's off to work I gooooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home