Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Wednesday, October 09, 2002

try walking in my shoes

I heard that song by Depeche Mode today while driving up to Greely and oh I miss being in my "Depeche Mode" moods to listen to their stuff. I had a great time up there. Took 2 hours to drive up and it felt good to sing loud in the car, think about things and where I want to be starting next Monday - I haven't come to that conculsion yet.

This Director is really nice, and pretty much had an idea of what she wanted for her Unit site. So with information, cd's and photos in hand, I have walked away with my 3rd personal Director website. I think 3 more and I'm going to love quarterly billing and after 3 more after that, it's going to be silly.

Tomorrow I work for the contract job that I worked a month ago at. I really hope they will ask me to stay on to work or give more where I can come in more and do stuff. I'm rethinking this Director who wants to hire me as her **cough** assistant (as J calls it ass-istant). I got my "list" of duties today from her.. and I think I need to go purchase a "Molly Maid" uniform. YES! A MOLLY FERKIN MAID UNIFORM! She wants a house cleaner. And the DETAILS she wants of her house cleaned.. she would die in my home. I don't even clean my home to that degree.

So tonight at my pink night, I talked to Stephanie again and she said that if I want out of my comfort zone - I have to tell this lady that it's not happening. I have to take the chance and tell her I"ll be her "Office Assistant" but I will not be her house cleaner and I will have to take the chance that she wants to keep me or not. I may be job hunting next Monday. I just don't know.

I'm dreading tomorrow. I'm not ready to tell someone that I can not work for them like this. I don't like saying no without a back up. I just don't want to say "you know, I saw your list, it's crap I don't want to do it".

This saga will continune tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home