Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Thursday, October 10, 2002

lots of goodies

I'm not even sure where to begin. Tons of stuff to write about but I don't have time. I still have 2 sites to upkeep and 1 new one to design, blogs to read and see what is going on. Lots of little posts to update, meme's, photos to update and my new "director / boss" has a ton of stuff she wants me to do before morning hits this side of the earth. Something isn't going to make it. Mandy - thanks for all the comments! Stop by more often!

Well - for starters. With little sleep, major stomach cramps and tears in my eyes. I went over to Ms. C (my new Director boss) this morning and just told her I could not do the "maid" stuff she asked me to do in her 'list' that she sent me in an e-mail last night. She said "No honey.. that's for the web. That's not for you to do." She hugged me and I felt like a chump and we went about getting some office work done for her. At the end of the morning she told me "You know that I'll have to readjust your hours and pay because you won't be working those 2 other days now, because I need to find someone that will do the house work". Ah-haaaa.. that list was meant for me. Whatever. I'm not washing your windows.

Other good news - blood tests came in and I'm fine. I guess that's good.. but some how I don't feel it's the answer I was looking for. I mean yeah - I want to be healthy, but I still feel there is something underlying that says, "there's problems". Nice thing is, the new patch of estrogen the doc set me up with is awesome. Haven't had any hot flashes till late this evening and I'm due for my new patch tomorrow. No hot flashes ROCK! :)

Oh gosh.. it's Friday already. The Friday Five has just been delivered and I haven't even done the Wednesday "Reasons 4 Love" or Thursdays "Threesome Thursday" meme. I think these are going to have to wait till the weekend.

I did do my contract job again. And because of the great efforts of working on that cool contract job a month ago, I got a cool t-shirt with "Lower Manhattan's" logo on it. I'm really happy about it, but to B and I, it's another shirt to add to our "used to work here" apparel stuff. He's now up to 3 different logo shirts from the same company because they keep changing the name of his company that he works for. Oh well. Free clothes for us I guess.

I really wish this company would ask me to work more full time with them. I really like the environment, the work, the people, and the pay. But once again my "project manager" (ok, I'll lay off the " ") is on her way out the door to Austin, TX and doesn't have time to see my resume. I'm not sure if I should take that as:
a) she trusts me with my work and doesn't want to see it
b) if she avoids the resume / interview process she doesn't have to hire me.
c) who knows - I'm still working from time to time.

Lets see.. dang. I still haven't covered all that is in my head tonight. Should I go on? Have done a lot of talking with Julie in the past few days. I'm so glad / sad that we go through a lot of the same stuff at the same time. I mean, I don't ever wish her the bad stuff I go through, but sometimes we go through the same thing at different times or at the same time, and I feel comforted that I'm not alone in some of my endeavors. She has asked her company to take her to their new destination when the company moves next month. I know this isn't what she really wants to do, but the security of having a job, insurance and money in hand is comfort when she looks at the other side of the stick and there might not be all those things going for her. I just hope she knows that I love her and I know that she has to go with her heart and mind in her choice and I know a lot of people will be upset or rejoicefull about her decision, but I am truly on her side. Love ya honey. If you looked up Best Friend in the dictionary - your Future Seminar picture would be there ;)

Ok - Reason's For Love -
I wanted to cover D, my son. It's only natural. But this lady, Roberta has been on my mind a lot and I just feel I have to love up on her today.
She's another Pink Lady and she is everything that I am not. She's very quiet, shy, I wouldn't say no self-esteem, but I wouldn't say she's your cheerleader for the football team. She is old enough to be my mother; she's caring enough to be my sister. We both signed our agreements on the same day, 2 years ago, so we share a lot of 1st's together. She's not active, active in her business. I'm not even sure why she goes to the weekly Wed. nights. I guess for girl time, self-motivation, and self-assuredness and to feel better about her self. She is always nice to me and everyone she meets. When she speaks, she is so nervous that the words come out soft like pixy dust in the air. You have to stretch your ears to hear her and usually, quite often, she will break into tears when she speaks. She's a nurse full time and when Stephanie says "if I ever got sick, I would want Roberta to take care of me".. I ditto that statement times infinity.
But here is my one reason, and I need no more - of my reason for loving her. Her hugs. All pink ladies give each hugs. It's a ritual. Most are not real, and just a friendly gesture. With Roberta - they are real. They are the kind that when you embrace her, you can feel the love from her and for just a brief few seconds you can forget everyone, everything around you and feel the power that this woman has. In the past few weeks, with all the troubles I have had, Roberta comes up to me, looks at me and just knows, can read my mind that there is trouble and takes me and just holds me. Not for 3 seconds, not for 5 seconds, but what seems like forever. A good forever. A forever that you don't want to let go of the embrace. I so love her for that. This woman, who is so different from me - knows when I need just a few seconds of reassuring, a few seconds of quietness, and for just a few seconds just us in the world... if you ever get to meet her, you will be blessed with her hugs. Roberta - you are a Reason For Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home