Grand AM

The trials, struggles and joys of a "FULL TIME" lady in pink, mom, on her way to the top, with a few pitstops, pitfalls and questions along the way.

Friday, December 27, 2002

Hit Me!

For almost 2 months since the bus accident, I have been in constant pain. I saw a doctor right away and he said it should go away and I left it at that. There are days it just feels like someone is putting pressure on my shoulder, others - it feels like someone is pinching the hell out of me and I just want to scream. I now take 25 minute showers with the nozzle turned on to that direct spay to pound on the shoulder, I have turned up the heat on our waterbed to heat my shoulder up at night. Up till a few days ago, the kids couldn't come up and put their arms around me for a hug.. well, yes they could, but D likes to pull and hug at the same time and that puts pressure on the shoulder.

Christmas Eve when we were at my mother-in-law's, J had me sit in my MIL's chair that has this "massager" on it. Some kind of mobile thin padding that vibrates the areas you want. I did about 15 minutes on my shoulder that night and though it wasn't healed, it had made a dent in the pain and I thought I need to take this one step further.

I went and treated myself to a body massage this afternoon. Back in August when I was working contract for this company, they brought in a massage therapist to relax us while we worked on the Lower Manhattan project. I kept the woman's business card and today I went over for a 30 minute massage. What they didn't tell me the 1st time I did a massage, was the pain I would feel if I didn't drink enough water before and after the massage. What they didn't tell me this time, was that I wouldn't be sitting in the chair that they did the 1st time, but I would be partial undressed and on a table. HELLO?!? WEIGHT ISSUES!! OH well, it was the best and now I'm so light headed, I doubt I'll get any work done for the afternoon. Have decided that I will work this in 2 times a month and if at all possible, get my medical to cover it. Hoooo - boy. Then while on the table I thought.. with the 14 Days of Love.. I'll offer in a subsitute of a bottle of wine with glasses, but they (hubbies) pay for a gift certificate for the body massage to give those hard lovin wifes of theirs a special treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home